Project Civil Engineer
Tuesday, July 19, 2022
About My client
At my client, we put great emphasis on serving and leading our employees, clients, communities, and professions. We believe that every employee has an impact on our company and our community. What we do is significant and legacy building. Our work is not only about footings, beams, and columns, or roads and bridges, or surveys and inspections, or parks or community planning. We are strengthening our communities through the building of hospitals, office buildings, schools, housing, places of worship, roads to mobilize people, parks and greenways to enjoy the beauty of nature, and thoughtful community plans that delineate the future growth. We love to see how our employees’ contributions enhance our communities.
My client is seeking a motivated, creative, and design-focused candidate for the Project Civil Engineer position in our downtown Durham office. As a Project Civil Engineer, you will work in a highly collaborative engineering and design-based environment utilizing the skills of in-house experts and support staff from multiple disciplines. A qualified candidate will have the ability to work on a diverse range of project types including campus design, urban design, multi-family development, commercial/retail development, and large-scale master-planning. Essential functions of this position include civil design, calculations, analysis, and documentation of site design (grading, drainage, utilities, stormwater management and erosion control), construction observation, and assisting with administrative tasks such as project planning, scheduling, and QA/QC. In this position, while working under the supervision of a Project Manager and Studio Leader, you will be afforded a great range of responsibilities and strong professional development opportunities within the studio. Stewart offers an exciting and diverse culture focused on both personal and professional development. We get excited about each individual on our team as we look to leverage their skill set, interests, and experience. If you are ready to soar to new heights and would like to join our amazing, creative, and innovative team...we should talk!
Stewart is pleased to offer a hybrid work schedule to support employee wellbeing and drive our collaborative work model.
- Responsible for the analysis and design of civil engineering components under direct supervision of the Project Manager.
- Perform civil design calculations for grading, drainage, stormwater, utilities, and site design.
- Write various reports and technical memorandum.
- Prepare design drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D and other civil engineering design and modeling software.
- Conduct QA/QC of drawings and specifications.
- Manage small projects and components of major projects.
- Review work of Designers, Engineering Interns, and CAD Techs.
- Perform Construction Observation and Administrative duties such as site visits, field reports, shop drawing review, and respond to contractor RFIs.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by a Project Manager and/or Studio Leader.
- Registered Professional Engineer required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Commitment to collaborative design process in project development.
- Ability to visualize projects through both hand and digital graphic techniques.
- Exercise sound judgment and possess skills to defend decisions and methodologies used to arrive at chosen solution or decision.
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles and methods related to site development activities.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local codes and permitting requirements.
- Proficient skill and experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and other site design and modeling software.
- Demonstrated writing, communication, and drawing skills.
- Ability to manage tasks and maintain project schedules.
- Driver's license preferred.
- Believe that Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
- Value diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for an employment-based visa.