Reads, analyzes and interprets project documents, instructions, proposals, specifications, and other important information to obtain a clear understanding of the project requirements for the semiconductor, pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Performs engineering calculations, equipment selection and design of HVAC, Process, and Plumbing systems. Develops Basis of Design, Equipment data sheets, Equipment/Construction specifications, and Sequence of Operations for Mechanical systems and Title 24 documentation. Responsibilities also include coordinating system design to ensure continuity with other disciplines. Reports to a department manager or project manager. Act as project manager as needed. May assist in the training and education of associate engineers and designers.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- P.E. license in the state of California is desirable.
- United States citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and able to work effectively on multiple projects with multiple disciplines in order to support industrial facility design efforts.
- Perform duties using sound judgment and solid engineering principles.
- Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with people of all levels of the company as well as customers, vendors, and contractors.
- Possess strong computer skills utilizing MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project; Bluebeam Revu.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and Plant 3D/P&ID are desirable.
- Experience in designing wet and dry HVAC systems, central utility plants, including chilled and condenser water systems, hot water and steam systems and cleanroom systems for the semiconductor, pharmaceutical, petroleum and related industries.
- Professional knowledge of the International Mechanical and Plumbing Codes, as well as a working knowledge of International Building and Fire Codes.
- Creativity, and the ability to work with minimal supervision are desires.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, as well as 401(k) retirement and profit sharing programs.