Energy Systems Design is looking for an electrical engineer to join our consulting engineering firm. We are a team-oriented and client-focused group of mechanical, plumbing, electrical and technology design professionals. We are committed to creative and technically innovative solutions and sustainable solutions. Established in 1988, we have been providing exemplary engineering design for over 30 years. The home office is in Scottsdale, Arizona and the growing branch office is in Austin, Texas. We strive to create a balance of work, play and contributions to our community. We love what we do, and we are passionate about delivering the designs and service that we would hope to expect from our best consultant. We depend on each other and foster an environment of support and teamwork.
ESD’s strengths are:
• Flexibility – understanding when family and personal needs arise
• Strong roots – job security and mentorship
• Boutique engineering firm – small, nimble and rapidly adjust to changes
• Varied project types – No pigeonholes
• Unlimited growth potential
• Great reputation – top engineering firm in with business comprising of nearly 90% repeat clients This position includes electrical engineering of power and lighting systems for institutional, multi-family, retail and commercial building projects. The engineer prepares calculations and well-coordinated, technically sound construction documents that are cost effective, clear, efficient and constructible; communicates and coordinates with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, building officials throughout the design phases of a project; visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents; reviews shop drawings, responds to RFI’s and coordinates with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, through the construction phase of project. A junior level engineer will be working with the electrical team and mentors to develop their skills in the design field. We REQUIRE the following: • Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or • AutoCAD and REVIT experience a plus • Knowledge of current Electrical codes and design standards • Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction or expirations. • ONLY candidates with MEP consulting engineering experience need to respond. Benefits: • ESD demonstrates our commitment to the health of our employees by offering all full-time employees a full complement of medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a bonus plan and competitive 401k/Profit Share Plan yearly contributions.