POSITION: MID LEVEL MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
- Advanced design and redline of drawings, details, diagrams and isometrics per company standards with minimal assistance.
- Advanced design and redline of schedules in MS Excel per company standards with minimal assistance.
- Advanced creation and modification of IECC files and supplement drawings/data as required with minimal assistance.
- Manage drafting coordination on projects.
- Conduct full field surveys of HVAC and plumbing systems with minimal assistance.
- Write narratives, specifications and cost estimates with minimal assistance.
- Attend project/client meetings with minimal assistance.
- Handle client questions and concerns to ensure monetary risk management with minimal assistance.
- Solve HVAC and plumbing issues.
- Knowledge and design ability for a variety of systems.
- Ensure project deliverables and due dates are met at all phases of design and construction per client expectations.
- Facilitate drawings through the quality control process.
- HVAC design including sizing of ductwork, equipment selection, load calculations
- Assist with global project description and marketing materials.
- Assist Marketing Department with proposals based on company standards.
- Conduct peer review of drawings, specification and associated design documentation.
- Print, get signed and send drawings at phase and project completion.
- Minimum of 2-3 years design experience in a variety of facility building systems or a degree in an engineering related field.
- Firm grasp of basic HVAC and plumbing design of plans, company standards, basic calculations and product selections with minimal assistance.
- Consistently meets or exceeds deadlines.
- The ability to review own projects.
- The ability to receive minimal comments from quality control reviews.
- Capable of working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues.
- Solid commitment to client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to fill the Project Lead position effectively.
- The ability to read, write and understand written and verbal instruction in English.
Benefits at MEP
- Company paid health and dental insurance as well as identity theft protection.
- Option to purchase vision, long term disability, short term disability and life insurance and prepaid legal services.
- 401k with company matching.
Paid vacation and sick leave.