My client s a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes My client's unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer.
We are always accepting applications from experienced Project Manager candidates to join our team. While we may not have an immediate need at your level in your location of choice, we can hold on to your application for future needs. We typically hire Project <anagers with experience in Land Development (Residential, Commercial and Municipal/Government) civil engineering for this office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project
- Work to complete design details and plan sets
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates
- Communicate with client, staff and internal design team
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental or a scientific area and/or equivalent work experience
- Professional registration (P.E., L.S., etc.) in one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business is preferred
- Has 6 to 10 years of experience in civil engineering or a related technical profession
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
- Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others
- Has a working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position
- Consistently presents a professional attitude towards clients and internal staff
- Effectively communicates with others in the daily completion of tasks or assignments
- Strives to achieve professional working relationships with others and shows a willingness to help others meet critical deadlines
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company's Vision, Mission and Shared Values.