We have an immediate opening for a Structural Engineer with 3+ years of repair/restoration experience within the Jersey City, NJ office. Additional experience with high rise/building facades are a plus! Must be a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) to be considered for the position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts on-site evaluations and field testing.
- Performs construction phase observations, reporting, and documentation of work-in-progress.
- Prepare written correspondence with clients and contractors, maintaining clear and professional communication throughout the project lifecycle.
- Understand investigation reports and bid documents, including drawings and technical specifications, to ensure accurate interpretation and implementation.
- Prepares technical reports.
- Prepares bid and construction documents, including drawings and technical specifications.
- Reviews contractor payment applications for accuracy regarding construction in progress and for recommendation for payment.
- Assists in the planning, designing, monitoring and/or managing of projects and programs for substantial renovation and improvement projects.
- Represents clients in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
- Mentor and support junior team members, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Performs design calculations and prepares design documents.
- Creates software modeling as needed to complete design.
- Reviews construction plans.
- Preparation of written correspondence with clients, attorneys, contractors etc.
- Acts as a professional of record, signing of drawings, municipal, government and permit applications.
- Maintains organized records, files, drawings, or other data essential to the project and ensures they are complete and stored appropriately.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects with budget restrictions.
- Knowledge of local and state building codes, and ability to apply to work.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering (Civil, Structural, Architectural)
- 3-5 years’ experience.
- Façade evaluation and restoration required.
- High rise, existing building, and facade experience a plus.
Licenses and Certifications
- Professional Engineering license in NJ required.
- OSHA 10 hour certified preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted valid Driver’s License.
- Structural and stability analysis for existing buildings & facade
- Familiarity with structural modeling software
- Ability to perform hand calculations as needed to verify software outputs or to design structural elements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred; AutoCAD / I.T. skills a plus.
- Personal drive, commitment, discipline; the desire to own your project from start to finish.
- Familiarity with AIA standard contract documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work individually or with team members and work collaboratively with other disciplines.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local areas as workload and projects require.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Professional report writing skills required.
- Ability to review code requirements required.
- Construction inspection skills required.
- Ability to:
- Lift/ Carry up to 40 lbs. (ladders, hammers, harness equipment, etc.).
- Safely work at heights (fall protection & safety equipment provided).
- Work on suspended scaffolding on the exterior of the building high above ground (secured and protected)
- Safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts, and other access equipment.
We offer competitive salaries, professional work environments and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, where we pay a portion of the premiums.
- Supplement Insurance Options- Life, AD&D, Legal Plan, Pet Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident Plans.
- Fully Company funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability benefits.
- 401K- A retirement program where we provide a match up to 3%.
- We offer Paid Holidays, Paid sick time and Vacation days.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Employee Recognition Program.
- Continuing Education Reimbursement.
- Professional Licensing Assistance.
- Jury Duty Leave.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave.
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement/ discounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Workers Compensation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled