We are currently seeking experienced Civil Project Engineer II candidates for positions with our Residential and Commercial Land Development groups in our Raleigh, NC office.
Our commercial team focuses on retail and commercial projects, multi-family projects including mixed use developments & market rate apartment communities, and we also work on large scale industrial and distribution projects. Our residential team focuses on residential neighborhood design.
We assist our clients with zoning entitlements, civil site plan approvals, and construction administration support. Our project engineers will typically work in a team of 2-3 design engineers and a project manager to bring our client’s vision to life. The complexity and fast paced nature of our client’s needs creates a dynamic environment for our team members and fosters a culture of teamwork, diverse training opportunities, and builds a sense of ownership in the successful outcome of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology.
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
- Work to complete design details and plan sets.
- Perform research and writes objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff.
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor or master's degree in civil engineering or closely related field is required.
- Ideal candidates would have at least two years of experience in Land Development civil engineering including residential neighborhood design or commercial and mixed used development.
- EIT preferred.
- Working knowledge of CADD and or civil 3D software. (Civil 3D preferred)
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.