WASTEWATER COLLECTION AND TREATMENT SYSTEM (WCTS)
CAPACITY AND CONDITION ASESSMENTS PROGRAM
PLANNING GROUP (STAFF AUGMENTATION)
Title: Wastewater Planning Modeler/Analyst (Junior to Mid-Level)
• Four-year bachelor's degree (and/or Equivalent Degree) from accredited university with Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or US Department of Education (USED). Degrees from International universities must be listed on CHEA or USED web sites. Engineering degree is a preference but not a requirement.
• Preferred Range of experience 3 years (minimum) to 10 years of experience. Anyone with more 15 years (maximum) is considered too senior for these positions.
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (i.e. legal status to work in the USA)
• Working location in Houston, Texas at Municipal Client Offices.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Standard 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday.
• Currently licensed and/or accreditation with applicable professional body and in good standing is a preference but not a requirement.
• Past engineering modeling projects for municipal wastewater collection systems (gravity sewers and force mains).
• Exposure and/or experience with agency coordination and permitting for sewers and pipelines along pubic ROW.
• Experience Interacting with Computers — Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• High Proficiency with analytical or scientific software — InfoWorks ICM (SE); InfoSewer, MWH Soft H2ONET MSX; Wallingford Software InfoWater, Bentley SewerCAD; HydroCAD Software Solutions; HydroCAD station; in similar.
• High Proficiency and experience with Map creation software — ESRI ArcGIS software; ESRI software; Geographic information system, GIS software; MapInfo
• Engineering knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, to the modeling of wastewater collection systems.