The Engineering team has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer.
- Columbus, OH
- Cleveland OH
As a Mechanical Engineer at DLR Group you will be responsible for the design of mechanical systems from schematics through construction administration on a wide range of building types. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design. You would be responsible for participating in the design process of mechanical building systems and preparing detailed and mechanical engineering design calculations and drawings to code.
The successful candidate will
- Assist in developing project objectives, goals, and documentation policies.
- Develop HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection designs from concept through completion of construction.
- Prepare engineering design calculations and mechanical system layouts.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Coordinate HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection design requirements with architecture, structure and other disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in a MEP firm working on commercial/public projects.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Engineer designing HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection building systems on complex projects.
- Professional Engineering license (P.E./PE)
- LEED Accredited Professional and previous experience participating in the LEED or other green rating system process.
- Experience and interest in sustainable building design.
- An appreciation and understanding of architectural design and how architects work and think.
- Experience with BIM (e.g. Autodesk Revit MEP) work flow.