Transportation Senior Project Engineer – Atlanta, Georgia
- Serve as the Senior Project Engineer for preparation of construction documents for minor and major roadway, sidewalk, shoulder improvements, and drainage design projects.
- Duties will include continuous design activities for a variety of projects through production activities.
- Additional tasks could include assisting senior engineers or project managers with plan preparation, cost estimates, report writing, client coordination and permitting.
- Requires strong communication skills due to the amount of collaboration involved with the team as well as potential coordination with outside agencies, client interaction, etc.
- Expected to assist and provide guidance to other project engineers or design engineers within the team.
- Full-time salary position, candidates must be willing to work reasonable overtime to meet project demands, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology is required.
- Georgia PE registration, or the ability to obtain with Georgia within 6 months, is required.
- Experience must include a minimum of 7 years of transportation design related experience.
- Construction experience is optional but considered a plus if achieved in addition to direct design experience.
- Software design experience should include working with MicroStation V8i and InRoads.
- AutoCAD and other additional CAD or design platforms will be beneficial, but not required.
- Experience with GDOT’s anticipated platform of Bentley OpenRoads is accommodating, but not required.
- Related experience should consist of working directly with GDOT and the Plan Development Process, GDOT collaborative projects with local GA counties or municipalities, and other local projects utilizing GDOT standards and specifications.
- Experience should consist of working as the Project or Senior Project Engineer for the projects described and other subordinate positions for an accumulating of design knowledge.
- Past responsibilities should include major design and productions tasks, assisting junior engineers, working in collaboration, or even assisting the senior personnel for internal oversight of design functions.
My client offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all full-time employees.
- Competitive dental and vision plans available.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 100% employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance.
- 401K match.
- Work/Life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Individualized training and mentor programs.
- Professional development including certification and testing.
- Professional membership support.
- Employee Discounts to include Verizon, AT&T, and many others.
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events.
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup & multiple types of STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.