The role of a Senior-level Geotechnical Engineer is to work on projects both small and large, with and supervise staff and project Engineers' technical work
You will perform a variety of tasks related to geotechnical engineering in support of transportation, heavy industrial, and infrastructure projects that may include calculations, fieldwork, coordination of tasks, client interaction, and performing aspects of various civil engineering assignments
May perform field work related to geotechnical explorations and/or construction-related activities
- Performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided.
- Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes.
- Research and resolve design and construction problems.
- Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports.
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Senior level engineering professional providing technical direction required for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design and/or investigative approach for a major phase of a large project or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of moderate scope.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinates engineering work involving conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements.
- Provide review of projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques and supervise the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients; provides technical review of reports.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state of the art technology issues.
- Provide leadership of marketing, sales and business development.
- Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited curriculum.
2. Ten (10) - Fifteen (15)years' experience in Geo-technical Engineering
3. Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
1. Must be willing to work flexible schedules and overtime as needed by the department needs.
2. Must be able to operate a computer and sit for long periods of time.
3. Must have a valid driver's license.