Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager
My client is a growing world-class mechanical and electrical consulting engineering firm designing unique solutions for some of the region’s most iconic buildings. We are seeking a full-time, experienced senior mechanical engineer/project manager to join our team. If you are passionate about design work, have 7-15 years of experience, can skillfully keep all stakeholders working together, are familiar with codes, communicate clearly, and can prioritize workloads… We want to talk with you!
- Meet with client representatives to review and understand scope of work.
- Lead a multi-discipline team of engineering and other professionals in the design of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems for buildings, from conceptual design through to construction documentation and specifications through construction services, for a wide range of clients.
- Develop project staffing estimates and budget.
- Leverage sustainable design principles to conceptualize and design high performing, sustainable systems, controls, and sequences of operation to reduce impact on the environment.
- Apply QA/QC process to all project deliverables.
- Coordinate, communicate, and correspond with all stakeholders within the design team as well as representatives of the client organizations to deliver successful projects cost effectively, on-time and at, or under budget.
- Prepare conditions assessments, master plans, life cycle cost analyses, project specifications, energy models, and LEED documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- E. registration preferred.
- LEED Accredited Professional (AP) certification is preferred
- At least 7 – 15 years of practical experience in systems engineering for the built environment.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD MEP and Revit.
- Knowledge of building codes and standards, mechanical load calculations, plumbing distribution and systems design, fire protection calculations, and related contract documents and specification writing.
- Strong communication skills are a must with the ability to multi-task – working on simultaneous project assignments, each in different phases.
- Seek to grow professionally by embracing ongoing educational opportunities, exhibiting an ownership mentality, and modelling and mentoring our core values.
- An opportunity to create system solutions on challenging, high-profile projects.
- Mentorship and support to reach your full personal and professional potential.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Convenient Center City location within walking distance of regional public transit.
- A collegial work atmosphere where we work hard and play hard together.
- Flexible working hours in support of a healthy work-life balance.
- Attractive pay and benefits.