Senior Electrical Engineer
My client is a growing world-class mechanical and electrical consulting engineering firm designing unique solutions for some of the region’s most iconic buildings. We are seeking a full-time, experienced senior electrical engineer to join our team. If you are passionate about design work, have 7-15 years of experience, are skilled in Revit, can produce calculations, are familiar with codes, communicate clearly, and can prioritize workloads… We want to talk with you!
- Meet with the project manager, architects, and other team members to determine appropriate electrical systems, location of electrical elements, and preliminary cost estimates.
- Perform field work to determine design direction, including evaluation of existing electrical components for re-use and retrofit when appropriate.
- Independently design power, lighting, and fire alarm systems for buildings, from conceptual design through construction services.
- Use sustainable design principles to conceptualize and design high performing, sustainable systems, controls, and sequences of operation to reduce impact on the environment.
- Closely coordinate with architects, clients, and sub-consultants and other engineering disciplines during design and drawing production process.
- Prepare contract documents using latest version of Revit and/or AutoCAD software to design and provide concepts for schematic design packages.
- Develop technical construction specifications to appropriately support project design and drawings.
- Perform electrical construction administration, including shop drawing review, site visits, cost proposal evaluations, and response to questions from the field.
- Prepare conditions assessments, master plans, project specifications, and LEED documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering
- E. registration is preferred
- You have at least 7- 15 years of practical experience in electrical engineering in the built environment including designing electrical power, life safety, backup power, security, power to HVAC systems, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage building systems and associated controls.
- Strong written and communication skills are a must with the ability to multi-task – working on simultaneous project assignments, each in different phases.
- Excellent client interface capabilities and organizational skills.
- You have a good command of AutoCAD MEP and Revit.
- Take a leadership role in QA/QC process for project deliverables.
- Mentor junior staff and co-op/interns.
- Experience with AGI and/or SKM PowerTools software is a plus.
- An opportunity to create system solutions on challenging, high-profile projects.
- Mentorship and support to reach your full personal and professional potential.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Convenient Center City location within walking distance of regional public transit.
- A collegial work atmosphere where we work hard and play hard together.
- Flexible working hours in support of a healthy work-life balance.
- Attractive pay and benefits.