Project Engineer III – Substation/Relaying/Generation Division
Compensation: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Project Engineer III will mentor junior engineers and CAD designers in General/Physical Layout as well as Protection & Control packages of renewables and/or substation design projects. Candidate will be the sealing engineer for the majority of work produced by the team and will also act to manage customer relations and well as business development with select clients. This position reports to the Divisional Manager.
Position requirements include:
- Mentor junior engineers, designers, CAD operators on candidate’s team.
- Capability to be Customer’s Point of Contact to manage existing projects and customer satisfaction, as well as future business and upcoming project plans
- Proficient in multiple areas of Solar/Wind Farm, Battery Storage, substation and utility interconnection engineering such as physical layout design, protection/control/Scada design, relay settings programming, field support, commissioning, relay testing
- Performs and directs project design. This includes tasks such as performing engineering calculations; using computer design software and referencing appropriate engineering procedures and design manuals.
- Performs and/or directs the preparation of complex project documents including specifications and bid documents.
- Performs and directs complex drawing reviews such as checking and marking up full plan sets to ensure the plans are a clear, concise, and thorough graphical representation of the intent of the design.
- Assists in training of division Project Engineers I and II.
- Performs basic functions of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must interface well with employees at all levels.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering required. Four to nine years of applicable experience required. Must be licensed Professional Engineer.