Mid-Senior Level Mechanical Engineer / Designer
My client is seeking a knowledgeable Mid-Senior Level Mechanical Engineer / Designer with a 5-10 years of experience to participate on a full-service design team on complex industrial and technology projects from inception through construction documents. This person will be part of a team of in-house professionals including architects, mechanical and electrical engineers and construction managers. Salary will be commensurate with background and project experience.
My client is a dynamic Design-Build firm located in Sunnyvale, CA and has a 36-year history of success. Our client base is primarily within Silicon Valley and consists of emerging and established clients in the semiconductor, aerospace biotech and university markets requiring innovative design solutions for research, testing, manufacturing and production facilities.
- 5-10 years minimum mechanical engineering design experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Licensed California Mechanical Engineer preferred
- LEED accreditation a plus
- Strong production skills using AutoCad
- Experience with Revit/BIM a plus
- Strong skills with MS Word, Excel, Access and Project
- Knowledge of current California Building, Mechanical and Plumbing codes and Title 24 requirements is essential
- Must have mechanical engineering design experience for industrial facilities, labs, clean rooms and data centers involving HVAC, chillers, boilers, plumbing, process piping and utility distribution for campus wide facilities.
- Must be able to work independently and provide all mechanical engineering, design and CADD work necessary as the project engineer for the project.
- Strong communications skills required to coordinate work between in-house design team members
- Strong presentation and teaming skills to coordinate with client management and end-user representatives
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency mandatory due to client requirements
My client has a friendly work environment and can offer a challenging and rewarding career. We offer a great compensation and benefit package that includes:
- A competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Excellent Medical and Dental Insurance – 100% paid coverage for employees
- Health Savings and Flexible benefits plans
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Portable Supplemental Insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Paid Holidays with paid year-end holiday time off.
- Ten days of Personal Allowable Leave (PAL) per year (accrued monthly at 6.67 hours). This increases to 15 days after seven years employment.