SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
A Senior Mechanical Engineer shall manage and lead teams responsible for comprehensive facility mechanical designs and, at a minimum, have the following capabilities:
- Manage and coordinate complex designs/efforts and teams with little or no oversight.
- Oversee project mechanical engineers ensuring that codes, standards, best practices, coordination and Q/QC are incorporated into the mechanical design.
- Develop scope requirements for new projects.
- Create and manage work plans and budgets.
- Nurture relationships with existing clients and reach out to new contacts to foster additional work.
- Provide mentorship to associates with less experience and training.
- Understand advanced mechanical theory/calculations, mechanical system components and devices.
- Engineer of Record for projects developed under their direction.
- Apply advanced engineering principles to solve technical and coordination issues.
- Perform site visits and investigation with the ability to give clear direction for field solutions.
- Be able to develop calculations, design narratives and work plans to be used as the basis of design of HVAC plans, riser diagrams, and schedules.
- In depth understanding of the components of the electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems that will affect the design and be able to coordinate those discipline requirements into the mechanical design.
- Have a working knowledge in Revit, AutoCAD, energy calculation, word processing/spreadsheet and other basic software to support setting up projects and assist in project flow.
- Expectation of technical and management growth to assume a more responsible role.
- Take personal ownership of the work produced.
Qualifications to Consider for Role
- Bachelor’s degree with P.E. (required), 8+ years of proven relevant technical and management experience (required), military training, field experience.
- Experience working in a professional A/E office, Consulting Firm, Construction Contractor, or equivalent.
- Ability to travel.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, photometric, word processing/spreadsheet and other basic software.
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills with the ability to participate in a collaborative team environment.