Position Description - Civil Engineering Project Manager
The Civil Engineering Project Manager will lead our team of designers and staff to transform the dreams of our clients into reality. The position is a composite of many jobs - client liaison, civil designer and team leader. This role is responsible for project management, preparing engineering reports and analyses, design and preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of clients and Public Works projects. Projects may include mentoring team members on AutoCAD Civil 3D. In this role, the Project Manager will also be responsible for obtaining new Public Works business (seller-doer). We pride ourselves on giving project managers both the flexibility and the support required to run and own projects. We offer in-office and hybrid schedules.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Will assist the Director with marketing and client development for the Division.
- Manage a variety of civil engineering public works projects and private land development projects.
- Track project scope, budgets and schedules to ensure fulfillment of contract commitments and profitability. Identify design criteria and oversee an efficient design and plan preparation.
- Solve design problems using engineering calculations and following general design standards.
- Establish project controls and ensure accuracy and quality in plans.
- Ensure technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications and follow-up.
- Spearhead public works agency project tracking and solicit new public works project opportunities.
- Interface daily with our clients, develop proposals, negotiate scopes and fees, ensure timely billing and collections and change orders.
- Manage project staff to include design engineers and CAD operators, with the ability to mentor junior design staff in basic engineering procedures and techniques.
- This is not a full list; additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ Public Works experience in a civil engineering role with exposure to technical applications, management of projects & budget management, and staff delegation.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Project Management role.
Preferred Education and Skills Experience
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Current CA P.E. license required.
- Valid & current Driver’s License.
- Strong design skills for public works and land development projects including the areas of grading, drainage, streets, sewers, storm drains and utilities.
- Ability to apply proven principles of civil engineering within the context of an aggressive service-oriented business environment.
- Expertise in the preparation of grading plans, utility plans, site plans and the preparation of cost estimates.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to function in a position of high visibility both internal and external to the company. Superior leadership and interpersonal abilities.
- Current knowledge and familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Attend client meetings at job site locations or offices as needed.
- Ability to drive a vehicle to job sites.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range $100,000-$130,000/yr