- Work independently to complete civil engineering responsibilities and coordinate activities with the integrated A/E project team.
- Collaborate with the Discipline Director and project team to provide quality service and solutions in response to the client's needs and project schedule.
- Prepare design and documentation of project solutions consistent with our criteria and practices.
- Communicate with regulatory authorities and prepare required documentation to obtain site plan approvals and permits.
- Complete civil engineering design tasks including roadway layout, parking layout, pavement design, site grading, storm water management design and report writings, site utility design, and building utility service connections.
- Make computations using engineering principles as required for civil design tasks such as earthwork volumes, storm water discharge, storm water management design, utility pipe sizing and pavement design.
- Edit site work specification sections.
- Provide construction phase services including site visits, respond to bidders, review submittals, review change orders and prepare punch list.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an EAC-ABET accredited program
- Licensed professional engineer strongly preferred
- At least 8 years of experience in the design of site improvements for commercial, government, healthcare, or higher education project types
- Demonstrated ability in the design of site improvements for complex projects.
- Experienced with AutoCAD Civil 3D, HydroCAD, WinSLAMM/MIDS and Microsoft Office Suite