Project Designer, Landscape Architecture
My client is seeking a design-focused creative-type for the Project Designer position in our downtown Raleigh office studio. You will work in a highly collaborative design-based process, coordinating with the skills of in-house experts from multiple disciplines. You will work on a broad range of project types and scales from campus design and urban design to large scale master-planning. This position affords a great range of responsibility and strong development within the studio as you work under the supervision of a Project Manager and Project Landscape Architect. You will have the opportunity to design! At the same time, we will foster your abilities in story-telling to create compelling verbal and graphic communication narratives. We are excited about each individual on our team as we look to build and leverage their skillset, interests, and experience.
- Assist with the site analysis process to inform project designs.
- Assist in visualizing designs with hand/digital graphics.
- Conduct research for code requirements and design options.
- Perform internal/external coordination of the site design including layout, hardscape, furnishings, planting, and grading.
- Perform drafting and design on projects using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Sketchup, Lumion, Rhino, Photoshop, and other design and modeling software.
- Utilize hand drawings on trace paper and iPads. Perform design in accordance with accepted standard of practice and with local codes, ordinances, and statutory requirements that have jurisdiction over the project.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture required.
- 6 years minimum of work experience in landscape architecture or related field preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of landscape architecture design and methods.
- Intermediate knowledge of AutoCAD and other site design software.
- Intermediate knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Rhino, Lumion and other 3D modelling and rendering software preferred.
- Demonstrated writing, communication, drawing, and rendering skills.
- Driver’s license preferred.
- You believe Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
- You value diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for an employment-based visa.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
You are willing and able to work in a professional, climate-controlled office environment with moderate noise levels and exposure to lots of light, both natural and artificial. Workstations are in an open space layout with frequent collaboration and interactions from co-workers throughout the day. Within the office you are willing and able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity peripherals, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Additional requirements include providing on-site technical assistance by occasionally accessing client or construction sites with varying terrain.
Landscape Architecture at confidential focuses on the convergence of thought-leadership, design excellence, and interdisciplinary collaboration to carefully craft the exterior fabric of our communities. We are a passionate collective of Landscape Architects with a diverse portfolio throughout our resurgent urban cores, academic and corporate campuses, residential communities, vital park systems and beyond.
We offer a “leadership through interdisciplinary collaboration” approach where our creatives collaborate with our other disciplines to ensure a fully integrated and responsive design strategy. This process results in the creation of spaces and places that balance the needs of the users, clients, and the environment.