EwingCole is a nationally recognized architecture, engineering, interior design and planning firm with offices across the country. Our multi-disciplinary practice is built on the core values of professional excellence, design quality and collaboration. We are seeking a Senior Architect with at least 15 years of experience to join our Irvine office.
As part of the Architecture Discipline, you will work independently in directing and supervising a staff for project specific solutions for design, program and technical requirements for projects. As a Senior Architect you will develop medium to large scale projects with many complexities and may oversee a large staff of architects, technicians and interns. You are responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments. You will supervise the coordination with other disciplines, in the production of drawings and construction documents which fulfill the design concept, meet the client's expectations and the firm's goals of design excellence, financial viability and quality service. You will develop projects that advance the firm’s position in the marketplace and may explore new subjects, scope, concepts, and methods.
- Ensure the design intent is maintained while supervising and in preparing the construction documents.
- Supervise small, medium and large size teams of professional and technical support personnel in project situations.
- Manage and deliver the production of the construction documents for small, medium and large sized projects.
- Provide technical support to project team members.
- Assist market segment leaders and the marketing department in the preparation of design documents and presentations material.
- Schematic Design and Design Development
- Work with the Project Manager and the Project Designer in creating buildings which serve the client’s needs and responds to their desired image, space, and aesthetic.
- Develop code compliant designs.
- Participate with design presentations to the client.
- Participate with the projects’ design review presentation.
- Direct and supervise project coordination meetings for medium and large sized projects.
- Direct the development of the building design by testing it in relation to program, budget, codes and other issues that emerge in the Design Development phase.
- Construction Documents
- Supervise the project team in articulating design principles that help govern the detailing phase of the project.
- Oversee the coordination effort with the engineering disciplines (inclusive of civil and landscape) and Interiors in order to ensure a consistent development of the project towards the design concepts established in earlier phases.
- Develop project specifications and other technical requirements of projects.
- Construction Administration
- Manage submittal responses, shop drawing reviews and construction site visits.
- Prepare site visit reports.
- Supervise the technical team in preparing construction phase design directives.
- Mentor Architects, Technicians and Interns.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities and required or requested.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Registered Architect in at least one state with suitable credentials for registration in other states
- Prior experience as architect for components of projects with a demonstrated technical and organizational proficiency
- Superior graphic design and building design and conceptualization skills
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Experience hand drawing and sketching
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Masters of Architecture
- Previous experience in the science and technology industry
- Proficiency with Rhino, Grasshopper, 3D Max, and Sketch-up
Benefits of Working at EwingCole
Generous paid time off, 401(k) plan with company match, tuition reimbursement, flexible/hybrid work options, paid parental leave, excellent insurance offerings including medical, dental, vision, accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, identity protection and more.