WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Assist with engineering design project planning (i.e. conceptual design through construction drawing development)
- Complete code-required energy compliance and LEED documentation
- Conduct engineering calculations energy analysis economic analysis selection and layout of equipment and duct & piping system design for HVAC Plumbing and other building systems for which ACCO offers expertise
- Understanding of applications engineering including psychrometrics refrigeration acoustics and controls systems
- Assist with coordination of design and installation with Project Management Construction and Service departments Controls and other trade partners.
- Field engineering: assist with project execution site surveys trade coordination scheduling document management and problem-solving
- Computer 2D and 3D modeling of HVAC or plumbing systems utilizing the latest modeling software
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and project team members
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management
- Prior intern experience with a mechanical contractor and/or engineering consultant preferred but not required
- EIT Certificate highly desirable but not required
- Excellent understanding of Engineering fundamentals
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit or similar drafting software preferred