Mechanical Project Engineer
Philadelphia, PA • Mechanical
My client is a nationally recognized architecture, engineering, interior design and planning firm with offices across the country. Our multi-disciplinary practice is built on the core values of professional excellence, design quality and collaboration.
We are seeking an Mechanical Project Engineer with at least 8 years of experience to join our Philadelphia office.
As part of the Mechanical Engineering HVAC team, the Project Engineer is responsible for the design and documentation of major projects and mentoring of junior staff.
- Perform design calculations, equipment selections, or check (review) calculations and equipment selections performed by project designer.
- Design and supervise the design of specific projects, attend meetings and work with project team members to develop the necessary details and coordination necessary for project documentation.
- Responsible for code research and establishing design criteria for projects.
- Ensure the design and production efforts are completed within the established project budgets and schedules.
- Edit Mechanical specifications for assigned projects.
- Work with the client, contractor and other team members to produce the best possible project.
- Responsible for site visits and construction administration.
- Provide project status updates to the senior engineer and discipline director on a regular basis.
- Mentor junior engineers and technicians and EITs.
- Stay abreast of state-of-the-art design through independent reading, attendance of seminars and continuing education. Participate in design, analysis, and documentation training as listed in the Discipline Training guidelines.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Registered Professional Engineer in at least one state with suitable credentials for registration in other states
- 8+ years’ experience
- Management knowledge and application
- Strong technical knowledge and application
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/ADT software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer analysis skills