The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be an integral part of the Leadership team. This person will perform as a Project Manager, leading multi-discipline and/or inhouse MEP engineering teams on assigned projects.
This person will be responsible for working in a professional and collaborative design environment with Owners, D/B Managers, Contractors, Prime and Sub-Consultants. Coordinating MEP building systems with architectural design and field experience providing construction administration services. Handle multiple tasks simultaneously while demonstrating leadership by implementing new concepts, technology, and designs.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Direct and lead the mechnical engineering staff / team.
- Monitor engineering costs, product costs, and schedule of assigned jobs or projects.
- Develop new ideas and concepts for improvement in engineering operations.
- Provide assessments of facility conditions, review HVAC, plumbing and control system designs for smart buildings, review specifications, inspect and troubleshoot HVAC systems and controls, perform commissioning and provide mechanical design engineering.
- Create mechanical design calculations, specifications, and drawings for projects. Conduct field surveys to assess condition of existing equipment.
- Plan the work and coordinate concepts, criteria and goals at the beginning of each project so that changes and corrections are minimized. Prepare daily, weekly, monthly project reports, organize and plan projects and develop cost estimates.
- Perform Quality Control (QC) checks for possible conflicts with other disciplines and to ensure compliance with all applicable criteria, codes, and regulations.
Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 10+ years' mechanical design experience
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Experience in the design of HVAC and control systems
- Skilled in the creation of detailed designs of a new system or integration design in an existing structure
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, BIM/Revit
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal presentation and communication skills