My client is seeking an Electrical Engineer with 8+ years of experience to join our growing team! This is a full-time position based in our Dallas, TX office.
- Your responsibilities would include preparation of Electrical production drawings (beginning to end), redline drafting, use of AutoCAD and Revit, specification editing, submittal review, site visits/reviews, RFI responses and PCR reviews.
- You will be responsible for designing Electrical power, lighting, and special systems for a variety of project types, including education (K-12 and higher education), municipal, worship, office, medical, data centers, office/warehouse, high/low rise long term care facilities, food service facilities, retail and other commercial buildings.
- You will be interacting with clients, attending client meetings, reviewing mechanical documentation, managing others, and supervising/mentoring junior staff.
- You will be coordinating information across all disciplines to ensure deliverables are compliant with client expectations.
What We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience designing electrical systems for commercial buildings. That includes design of power distribution, general and special lighting systems, day lighting systems, lighting control systems, emergency power distribution systems including generators and uninterruptible power systems, and special systems which include fire alarm, public address, and sound reinforcement systems.
- Candidates for this role must have their EIT. Having a P.E. license in Texas is a plus.
- You must be able to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
- Familiarity with plumbing and mechanical systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with structured cabling design is preferred but not required.
- Experience with industry standard software, including Microsoft products, COMcheck, and electrical design programs including SKM electrical system analysis for Short Circuit, Voltage Drop, and Electrical Breaker Sizing; and Visual a photometric design calculation program.