Superintendent - 2665
Construction Management New York, New York
A $7,000 signing bonus will be provided to any selected applicant for this position.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage all subcontractors and vendors, expedite vendors and subcontractors on a daily and weekly basis and identify and resolve construction problems as they develop.
- Maintain accurate time-keeping and cost records.
- Supervise self-perform work and develop special construction methods for job efficiency.
- Manage material receiving – ensure that material received is properly inspected for quantity and quality, and that the receiving tickets are properly signed, coded and filed accordingly.
- Help comply with all jobsite reporting requirements, including daily reports, field purchase orders, weekly unit reports, weekly updates to the “two week look-aheads” and monthly updates to the construction schedule.
- Familiarize yourself with shop drawing and submittals and help project managers comply with the submittal schedule, contract documents and company reporting requirements.
- Attend required jobsite meetings.
- Maintain safety standards – safety planning is to be included in all pre-job planning and considered foremost in the daily operations.
- Maintain quality consistent with the company standards. Any repetitive quality problems with a subcontractor or vendor should be called to management’s attention. The company has a policy and past record of providing high quality work and this standard is to be maintained on each project.
- Close out the project in compliance with the contract documents.
- Satisfy the customer, subcontractors, vendors and the company. Be sensitive to special requirements of the customer, subs, vendors or neighbors to ensure satisfactory relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or a related field is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 15 Years of related experience in the construction field.
- Prior SCA experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with NYC public building projects.
- Experience with NYC building department filing, rules and requirements.